Delhi which is the capitol city of India, is situated in northern part of India. It was a part of Punjab during british raj & it was declared as a union territory later. Toady I'm sharing a old delhi street food which is tempting & delicious.
Cook Time-1hr | Serves-2People
For Rabdi or Rabri
4Cardmon pods powdered
1/2 of 1/4Cup vermicelli / falooda sev
4Tbs rose syrup
4Tbs tukmaria seeds
Chopped almonds for topping
Vanilla ice cream (Optional)
- Soak tukmaria seeds in double the amount of water for at least 30mins.
- Heat a thick bottomed pan with milk & reduce it to 1/2 by keep stirring.
- Add cardamon powder & sugar to milk & keep stirring it till milk becomes thick. Switch off heat & keep aside.
- Mean while cook vermicelli with milk. When it done add the rose syrup to the milk & mix it well & keep aside. Allow them to cool.
- Take a glass & layer the falooda in the bottom & top it with rabdi.
- Scoop it with ice cream & garnish it with chopped almonds.
- Serve chill.
- I used vermicelli in place of falooda.
- You can your choice of dry fruit or a even a mix of them.
- Ice cream sure will take this dessert to next level. So try it out.
- Rather than cooking in water I used milk to make vermicelli must tastier.
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.