Saturday, August 3, 2013

Mexican Hot Chocolate

Thinking of hot chocolate reminds us the cold winter days where you have to have a cup of it. Right now Southern California is maintaining low temps, which made me crave for a hot chocolate. It is suppose to be summer but for past 2 weeks the temps are running little low while reminding of sweet fall time. So I'm sharing a recipe for those days you need a kick to boost your energy. 

Recipe courtesy: Food Network
Ingredients
2 Cups 2% fat milk
1 Cinnamon stick 
1 Anise star
4 Tbs Semi sweetened chocolate powder.
1/4 Cup Brown sugar ( Adjust acc. to your taste)

Heat a big pot with 2 cups of milk. To that add cinnamon & Anise. Stir well & let it boil for 10mins in low heat with closed lid.To that add chocolate & sugar.Stir it to dissolve sugar. Let it boil in low heat for 5mins. Then switch off heat & serve it hot.

Check my other Blogging Marathon friends here

23 comments:

  1. all time fav hot chocolate looks yummy :) and tempting me dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comforting and energizing Mexican hot chocolate.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an inviting drink..love chocolate anytime..

    ReplyDelete
  4. who can resist this yummy hot chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely love a big cup of it when we come inside after shoveling the snow in the winter. As much as I dread winters, I look forward to it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in for any chocolate delicacy! Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this spiced hot chocolate to the core, one of my fav drink during winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am no milk fan but I am sure it must have been a hit..lovely clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. can have some right now!!! delicious!!!

    Sowmya

    ReplyDelete
  10. delicious hot chocolate and a simple recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks yummy............and a very simple recipe to try out

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so good would love it on a cold rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks super delicious
    pls visit my blog-
    http://simmy-food-blogga.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like it's gona rain now and I would love to hold that mug right now. Great one for this season...

    ReplyDelete