Source: Grand Mother
2 Cups of Thotakura ( Amaranth Leaves)
1/2 cup of Chana Dal
1 Cup Chopped Onion
2 Green Chili
Salt for taste
1 Tbs Sugar
3 Tbs Tamarind
2 Red Chili
1 Tbs Mustard
1 Tbs Jeera
1 Red Chili
Pinch of Hing (Asafoetida)
2 Tbs Oil
How to Make It ???
1. Dry Roast Methi, Corriander and red chili. Grind them to powder and keep them aside.
2. Heat pan with Oil and add onions and fry them till they turn Brown.Fry the leaves for 2 minutes and keep them aside.
3. Pressure cook chana dal and Green chili or you can Microwave them for 10 Mins.
4 Now add Onions, Leaves, cooked Chana dal , Green Chili and 2 cups of water to a vessel.
5. Boil them along with Grinded Powder, Tamarind, Salt and Sugar.Let it cook till it becomes a thick gravy ( You can even add Besan Mixture to make it thick).
7. Heat pan and add all the seasonings to it and fry them well. Add it to the Pulusu and Thotakura Pulusu is ready.
* Serve with Rice and Idli's. Tastes really good.